Ok. I lied. THIS is the last pumpkin themed recipe of the year. I promise. Hey. At least this one doesn’t have any of that pesky pumpkin puree that you’re probably waaaaay over already. Just pumpkin flavor from a tiny little box of pumpkin spice Jell-O pudding.
These cookies were my first foray into pudding mix-based dough. Not sure why I was avoiding playing around with the little packets of powdered goodness as these cookies are so soft and … well .. poofy! Different from my usual crisp outsides and chewy insides, yes. But different good. Very very good.
Tell me. You tired of pumpkin yet?
Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pudding Cookies
Prep Time : 20 minutes Bake Time : 12 minutes Yield : 35 2″ cookies [#40 3/4 oz purple scoop]
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup vanilla non-fat Greek yogurt
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated cane sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 box instant pumpkin spice Jell-O pudding mix
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
turbinado sugar [“sugar in the raw”] for rolling, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Add flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie Jell-O mix to a medium bowl. Whisk until all ingredients are well combined.
3. Cream butter, yogurt and sugars in bowl of an electric stand mixer until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. [seriously. do it. you’ll thank me!]
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla extract to the sugar mixture. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
5. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in thirds, mixing on low until just combined.
6. Add cranberries and white chocolate chips to mixer bowl and mix by hand until well incorporated.
7. Scoop dough out onto prepared cookie sheets, leaving 2″ between each cookie. Roll cookie dough balls in turbinado sugar, if desired, and return to cookie sheets.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes, rotating pans halfway through.
9. Let cool on cookie sheets for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
Cookies will stay fresh in an airtight container for up to 3 days.